Calling all brave BBQrs
Barrie Community Time Bank – share your love of food
Know someone who needs food or can make food? Tell them to register for the Barrie Community Time Bank. Participants trade goods and services with each other rather than paying for them. People have been very generous will their time, they need people willing to take others up on their offers for help. Learn more at barriecom.timebanks.org.
Local Food Events
Toronto’s Good Food and Drink Festival April 3-6, food trucks, wine, beer with samples and demos!
- Georgian Dining International Dinners (scroll down and click on ‘International Dinners’). Second year students prepare a three-course menu for $49.95. There are still dates from April 3rd to 17th. Themed menus listed here.
All things maple
- Spring Tonic Maple Syrup Festival Tiffin Conservation Area
Where: Utopia (Between Alliston and Barrie), April 5-6, 2014
A tasty Canadian tradition in Simcoe County south of Barrie. Learn how maple syrup is made using Native, pioneer and modern methods. Have a pancaked sausage breakfast. Enjoy horse-drawn wagon rides, crafts and music.
- Explore the Tap into Maple route: Find events, and visit local attractions for free samples and discounts!
- Visit the Shaw Pancake House, they are open until April 21st daily from 8am-4pm. Their menu is listed on their webpage. Address: #493 Oro-Medonte Line 14, South
- Find maple syrup recipes from Foodland Ontario
- Maple Flavours in Lake Country Event March 28th-April 13th
- Maple syrup goes high-tech article from the Financial Post.